Banns of marriage
Application from those to marry outside the benefice

It’s lovely to hear of your plans to get married.  We would be very happy to call your banns of marriage if you’re getting married outside the benefice.

Simply come to the Benefice office (located at the Vicarage, 10 Water Street, Martock – opposite the Gallery) on a Monday or Thursday morning (9.30 a.m. – 12.30 p.m.) or Thursday afternoon (4.30 – 6.30 p.m.)  If none of those times suit, simply call the Vicarage on 01935 826113 and make an appointment to see one of the ministry team.

Please fill out the Information Form (Download here) and bring a cheque for £41 payable to Martock PCC (or Ash / Kingsbury Episcopi PCC depending on which parish you live in.

You will also need to show  some form of ID, typically your passport, ID card or birth certificate. 

Once the banns have been called, we will send you a certificate which you must give to the person who is officiating at your wedding. 

We normally call your banns on the second, third and fourth Sunday two months before you’re getting married (e.g. if you’re getting married on 8th July, we will call your banns on the second, third and fourth Sunday in May).